Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Day 59

Locating the TonePros bridge. 
This pattern gets me the length from nut. 



 
Installed the bridge on the white jig and added the E strings to line it up from side to side.  Then clamped and drilled. 



Drilled from bridge post hole to pickup pocket and inserted grounding wire (the insulated braided one)



Place some superglue in the hole and insert bushing. Don't put glue on bushing before inserting. The glue will ooze out of the top and get on the finished surface. Just put glue on sides of the hole. 



The PUP ring that came with the Seymour Duncan pickup was cut for a Les Paul. I sanded it flat.  Before and After pic. 



With the strings attached to the bridge. I located the centered the pick up and used a punch to mark the holes. 




Traced the outside of the pup ring onto the PG and sanded to match. 





Marked screw locations and drilled through PG into body. Two holes missed the body and fell into the cavity. Had to add some scrap pieces to the inside cavity walls. I will have to make my pocket jig a little smaller for next guitar. 



I'm not liking these large screw heads. They just look too big on the PG and TRC. Next time I'll use the smaller 3/8" Gibson screws.











No comments:

Post a Comment